OK, if you are on a very tight budget then you are unlikely to be thinking about hiring a wedding planner. On the other hand even your average wedding these days costs quite a lot of money. You are making a big investment in one very special day. You want to have a perfect day. Can you afford to take any chances.
Here are some of the ways a professional wedding planner can help you :
- Choosing a venue To suit your requirements taking into account the number of guests you will have and the kind of setting which appeals to you and the area in which the wedding is to take place. They will be familiar with most of the popular venues and can talk to you about them.
- Advice on catering Whether to have silver service, a buffet, how many courses etc and give recommendations on hotels, restaurants, chefs and catering companies.
- Wedding suppliers They will have an extensive list of companies and individuals who specialise in weddings and they will know what kind of service they offer and approximate price ranges. They will know lots of people in the business and will be able to source things quickly for you.
- Wedding etiquette Advice on wedding customs and procedure. Of course you don’t have to stick to tradition. After all it’s your wedding but it’s nice to be able to discuss how things are usually done so that you can make an informed decision.
- Time planning How to organise and plan your day. Having a clear outline of what is going to happen, getting it all in order and tying it all together takes careful thinking. Having an experienced professional to assist is invaluable.
- Wedding decor Choosing colours, fabrics, dresses, flowers etc and making sure everything is coordinated is another important area. It’s not easy to visualise these things but a wedding planner will have done it all before many times and can tell you straight away what will go with what.
- Ideas and inspiration A wedding planner will have lots of great ideas to fire up your imagination and inspire you. There will probably be things you had never even thought of.
- Time saving A good wedding planner can save you so much time. They can help you make all the important decisions and cut down on days and days of running around trying to find what you want.
- Peace of mind When you plan your own wedding there is always that nagging doubt in your mind. Have I forgotten anything. Will this be right? Is this going to work? Did I make the right decision about this or that? If you have used a good wedding planner then you can relax knowing that everything has been covered.
All of this sounds fantastic but all of this amazing help and advice is going to have to be paid for. Is it only for rich people? My advice is to make some enquiries. Like just about everything else there are horses for courses and it depends on what you want and how much you are prepared to spend to get it. If you are having a massive wedding with all the frills you really do need a wedding planner. If you are having a more modest affair its still worth getting a quote. You might be pleasantly surprised.
Hiring a wedding planner could be the best move you ever made. Let me know your thoughts on wedding planners using the comments section below.
- Unique Wedding Ideas – Unique And Fun Wedding Ideas (lifestyle.iloveindia.com)
- Perfect Wedding Guide to Present Free Monthly Wedding Planning Webinars for 2011 (prweb.com)
- Plan your wedding with Bridalwave: Wedding 101 (bridalwave.tv)